Hyperbaric Oxygenation is a therapy that involves using transport capacity of oxygen dissolved in the blood plasma at a considerably higher partial pressure at which you breathe normally.
With this system it is possible to achieve a level of highly efficient oxygenation of tissues, being of great value to the solution of the states of hypoxia thereof. Like all therapeutic protocols required for their application, which vary in pressure, timing and amounts of sessions indicated by the type of patients and disease. This medical specialty must be exercised by academically trained professionals.
It is the therapeutic method most developed worldwide, by Underwater and Hyperbaric Medicine; both treatment and preventive area, is applied in many disease entities with excellent results, having been shown to help:
- Drastically reduce the rates of morbidity and mortality.
- Reduce hospital stays
- Improve Life Quality
- It is not invasive
- It is not painful
What is each session?
The patient was admitted to a special team called compression chamber (hyperbaric chamber), which is subjected to the pressure established by specialized medical indication, where breathe 100% oxygen for periods ranging from 60, 90 and 120 minutes.
The sessions depend on the doctor’s treatment according to the scheme which includes parameters such as system pressure, exposure time and number of sessions.
In order to make the therapy more enjoyable, the patient can watch TV, read and have communication with staff that monitors the session.
- Radiation necrosis of soft tissue and bone
- Bad decompression sickness
- acute gas embolism
- Anaerobic sepsis and / or Bacteroides
- Compromised skin grafts or flaps
- acute cerebral edema
- Toxic gas poisoning
- Necrotizing soft tissue infections (subcutaneous, muscle, fascia)
- Crush injuries
- compartmental syndrome or other acute traumatic ischemias
- Exceptional blood loss anemia
- Acute stroke (thrombotic, hemorrhagic)
- Fracture healing
- Ulcers (stasis, decubitus, circulatory, # diabetics)
- Diabetes mellitus and diabetic foot
- cerebral vascular insufficiency
- Osteomieltis, refractory mycosis
- thermal burners
- Wound healing in trouble
- sudden deafness, Meniere’s syndrome
- Occlusion of the central retinal artery
- Sicklémico crisis
- Helps rehabilitation (Post ACV)
Some Effects of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Mantiene elevados los niveles de oxigenación en los tejidos.
- Decreases edema in the central nervous system
- It stimulates the thymus and adrenal glands
- Increases and stimulates neo vascularization
- It has antifungal, antibacterial effects, particularly anaerobes
- Mellitus diabetes
- Coronary risk
- Best psychophysical state
- Avoid sleep disorders